The Division of Public Health has a critical role in effective local and regional environmental and public health systems and is responsible for three critical functions:
- Enforce applicable New Hampshire laws and administrative rules, as well as local ordinances and regulations.
- Serve as a liaison between state officials, local elected officials and the community on issues concerning local environmental and public health.
- Participate in efforts to develop regional environmental and public health capacities.
The Town of Windham Division of Public Health carries out the following activities:
- Collects drinking water samples at Town buildings
- Education and outreach on relevant topics
- Inspections of foster homes
- Inspections of licensed day care and child care facilities, as well as local school buildings for State licensing
- Investigates public health complaints
- Reviews and updates local regulations and ordinances
Complaints of illness, sanitation, contamination or adulteration associated with food or a food establishment should be reported, in writing, to the Division of Public Health Services Food Protection Section. To make a report please Email the Food Protection Section.