The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) mission is to provide the residents and business community of Windham with complete, professional, and competent disaster / emergency management services which protect and preserve our quality of life, property, and the environment in which we live.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) is composed of:
- Chairman of the Board of Selectmen
- Town Administrator
- Director of Planning and Development
- Emergency Management Director
- Deputy EM Director
- Fire Chief
- Deputy Fire Chief
- Police Chief
- Police Captain
- Dispatch Center
- Transfer / Recycling Transfer Station Manager
- Highway Agent
- Supervisor of Building Maintenance
- Town Clerk
- Town Treasurer
- IT Director
- Superintendent of Schools
- Town Attorney
- Cable Coordinator
- Committee Physician
- Group of volunteers willing to be trained, on-call and assist in a time of an emergency.
Many volunteers have expertise in specialized fields, but it is not a requirement to become a member of the Emergency Management Team.
Approved Red Cross Shelters in the Town of Windham are located at:
- The Castleton Banquet Hall is located at 92 Indian Rock Road - just before the Exit on Route 93 South.
- Golden Brook School is located at 112A Lowell Road.
- Searles School is located at 35 Range Road (across from St. Matthews Church)
- Windham Center School is located at 2 Lowell Road at the intersection of Lowell and Haverhill roads.
- Windham High School is located at 64 London Bridge Road.
- Windham Middle School is located 112B Lowell Road. (up behind Golden Brook School).
Items to Bring
The following are some items that should be remembered.
- All current Medications
- Important telephone numbers of family members and doctors to be notified.
- Pillows, blankets, personal items, such as eyeglasses, hearing aids, toiletries, etc.
Items Not Allowed
Note: Items not allowed in the emergency shelter are:
- Illegal Drugs
- Pets (Leave With Friends, Relatives, or Arrange Kennel Placement)
Notification to Seek Shelter
Windham residents will be advised to seek a designated shelter during emergency conditions through the Towns alerting systems. The alerting systems consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Local cable station WCTV and television stations: WMUR 9-Manchester, WBZ-Channel 4, WCVB-Channel 5 and WHDH-Channel 7.
- Local police and fire personnel utilizing public safety vehicles throughout neighborhoods.
- Local Radio Stations: WBZ 1030 a.m. and WZID 95.7 FM
- Sign at the base of Fellows Road (where Fire Station/Police Station/Library are located). Sign at Center School.
- Town Siren
- Town website: WindhamNH.gov
Prior to departure to a shelter ensure that all family members are accounted for.
We invite you, as a concerned resident, to join us in our effort and consider becoming involved whereby your talents, expertise, energy, and willingness can be fully utilized. If you are interested in joining the Emergency Management Team please call 603-434-4907 or send us an email.