Voter Information

Upcoming Elections and Important dates 

March 8, 2022- Local Town Election

September 13, 2022- State Primary Election

November 8, 2022- State General Election

Polling Location

Windham High School-  64 London Bridge Road, Windham NH.

Please note:  We do not have any wards at this time.

Changing your address 

It is required that if you move within Town, that you change your address on the voter checklist. You may come into the Town Clerk’s office during regular business hours to do so.  You will be required to fill out a form and prove domicile to the new location.  You may also change your address at any scheduled supervisor of the checklist meeting.  

Change of name

If a voter’s name has changed, due to marriage, divorce or a legal name change, this change must be done in person at our office.  Please bring with you the proof of the name change, i.e. certified marriage certificate, certified court order.  You may also change your name at any scheduled supervisor of the checklist meeting.  

Registering to Vote

You may register to vote any time during regular business hours at the Town Clerk’s office. You may also register to vote at any scheduled supervisor of the checklist meeting, and NH also has same day voter registration.  

To be eligible to register and vote in New Hampshire a person must be:  

  • 18 years of age or older on election day;    
  • A United States Citizen; and    
  • Domiciled in the town or ward where the person seeks to vote.   

To register, you will need to provide documents that prove your identity, age, and citizenship.    

  • A driver’s license or non-driver ID from any state satisfies proof of identity and age.     
  • A birth certificate, U.S. Passport/Passcard, and naturalization documents satisfies citizenship. 

If you do not have these, you can prove your identity, age, and/or citizenship, by signing a Qualified Voter Affidavit, under oath, in front of an election official.   

You will also need to provide documentation to prove that you are domiciled in the place where you intend to vote.  There are many types of documents that will satisfy this requirement.  A few examples are listed below:

  • A New Hampshire driver’s license or non-driver ID showing your current address;    
  • A rental agreement, lease, or similar document that shows your name and the address of your domicile.  The document must show that you are domiciled at the address on Election Day.    
  • A document showing that you own the place you are domiciled at, such as a deed, property tax bill, or other similar document that has your name and address.   
  • A New Hampshire motor vehicle registration reflecting the domicile.  
  • A voter photo ID issued by the NH Division of Motor Vehicles at no cost to you.  To obtain a photo ID card, that can only be used for voting purposes, ask your town or city clerk or the Secretary of State’s office for a voucher and present it to the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).  Information on the documents you will need to present to the DMV is available here: 
  • Any state or federal tax form, other government form, or government issued identification that shows your name and your domicile address.  
  • A public utility bill, such as such as an electric, telephone, water, gas, or other utility bill, with your name and address on it.  
  • A note from the person who owns, leases, rents, or manages/supervises the property where you are domiciled, confirming that you live there, which could include a family member or roommate.  Any document containing the information is sufficient provided that in includes the statement that “providing false information is a violation of New Hampshire law under penalty of voting fraud.”  
  • You may also use any other document that shows some action you have taken to carry out your intent to make the place you claim your voting domicile.   

If you have any questions about what will be sufficient proof of domicile, you may call or visit the Town Clerk’s office.

The supervisors of the checklist sit prior to all Elections for new voters, change of party, etc. Their hours are posted in the local paper, Town Hall, and on the town website. Same Day Voter Registration can also be completed at the polls on the day of the election. 

Military and Overseas Voters

For detailed information, and frequently asked questions go to: 

Absentee Voter Registration

If you meet the state’s requirements and qualifications and are unable to register in person because of disability, religious beliefs, military service, or because of temporary absence, you may register by mail, when an Election is approaching.   Contact to request an absentee voter registration packet to be mailed to you.  This packet includes an affidavit, voter registration form, and other important documents that you must read and complete in its entirety. The absentee voter registration affidavit must be witnessed by another individual, and the absentee ballot request must be completed in full and mailed back to the office, along with any supporting documents and completed ballot (if applicable). 

For more information about Elections please visit the State’s Elections website.