2023 Disabled Property Owners Exemption RSA 72:37-b
Applications accepted after January 1, 2023 - Deadline to apply is April 15, 2023
To qualify you must be: Under 65 years of age - and the owner of record on or before April 1, 2023
- A resident of NH for 5 consecutive years on or before April 1, 2023
- If real estate is owned by a spouse, they must have been married for 5 consecutive years on or before April 1, 2023
- Must be (or have been) receiving Title II or Title XVI Social Security Disability (Social Security Disability benefits convert to retirement benefits at age 65)
- Property where exemption is claimed must be applicant’s principal place of abode, to the exclusion of others.
TOTAL INCOME from all sources including any retirement income and Social Security:
Single person cannot exceed $45,000 per year - Married couples cannot exceed $55,000 per year
TOTAL ASSETS (as of the date of this application) excluding the value of your dwelling unit:
Single person cannot exceed $160,000 - Married couple cannot exceed $160,000
- Include all personal property such as cars, trucks, RV’s, trailers, antiques, furniture & jewelry.
- Checking and Savings account balances.
- CD’s, IRA’s, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, annuities, money markets, life insurance cash value, etc.
- Any other real estate owned in the United States or Abroad (individually, jointly, in common, fractional) including land, mobile homes, condos, timeshares etc. Supporting documents must be supplied.
- Other assets tangible or intangible, less any good faith encumbrance.
All Income & Assets must be verified with the proper documentation:
- 2022 Form SSA 1099 – Social Security Benefit Statement
- 2022 Federal income tax return (if you file) including all W2’s, 1099’s, etc.
- 2022 VA benefits statements
- 2022 1099 for Unemployment benefits statement
- 2022 State Interest and Dividends Tax Forms
- Bank Statements -current 3 months (full copies) for all checking and savings accounts
- Current statements for CD, IRA, 401K, stocks and/or bonds, money markets, “Surrender Value” of life insurance policies, etc.
- Property Tax Inventory Forms filed in any other town
- Copy of your Trust and Trust Amendments. (Attorney’s affidavit may be required annually)
- Copy of Driver’s license or birth certificate
- Current mortgage statement if you own more than a single-family home.
- Documentation of any Alimony, Child Support, Rental, and Assistance from others.
If you qualify, your exemption will be in the amount of $160,000 deducted from your total assessed value, and percentage of ownership. RSA 72:41 Proration
2023 Applications will be available here on our website and in our office at Town Hall the last week of December of 2022.