Can I have farm animals at my house?

Yes. Farm animals are allowed in the Rural and Residential Districts. You must follow the “Best Management Practices: Housing and Space Guidelines for Livestock” adopted by the Commissioner of Agriculture, the Rockingham County Conservation District and the UNH Cooperative Extension. The requirements for Agriculture can be found in Sections 602.1.1.2 and 603.1.2 of the Windham Zoning Ordinance.

Show All Answers

1. Are there any subsidized rental units for Older Persons in Windham?
2. Can I have farm animals at my house?
3. Do I need a permit for a fence?
4. Do I need a permit for a shed?
5. Do I need a permit for an above ground pool or hot tub?
6. Do I need a permit for wood stove, new boiler, gas or oil?
7. Do I need a permit to finish an attic or basement?
8. How do I find out the zoning requirements of my property?
9. How old do you need to be to live in a Housing for Older Persons community?
10. What are the minimum requirements for a buildable lot?
11. What are the setback areas for structures on a lot?
12. What do I need to know about tree cutting on my property?
13. What does WWPD stand for and can I build in it?
14. When is the Community Development Office Open?
15. What time do you do inspections?
16. What type of information do you have on my property?