Due to staffing shortages, and high marriage license demands, any couple that wishes to obtain a marriage license will need to make an appointment prior to coming to the office. Please call 603-434-5075 to inquire about availability.
Couples should be aware of the following requirements to obtain a marriage license in New Hampshire:
- If applying for your license in the State of New Hampshire, you may go to any Town Clerk’s office. It doesn’t matter where you’re getting married. Both parties must present their birth certificates or passports and their drivers licenses at the time of application. Also, if it is not a first marriage for either, you must present your final or absolute divorce decree/ annulment papers with the seal or death certificate.
- Your license will be effective immediately, with no waiting period, and remain valid for a period of 90 days.
- Cost is $50, please note, we do have the ability to process credit and debit cards, however with a $1.50 charge associated.
- After the ceremony, it is your officiator's responsibility to ensure that the completed license is returned to the Town Clerk's Office that you applied with. It will then take approximately 10 to 14 days for the information to be updated in the vital records system. Please note that out of state officiates will be required to obtain a Special License. For more information about the Special day license, please contact the Secretary of State's office at 603-271-3242.
- Please note at this time, you will need to make an appointment between 10am-2pm Monday through Friday.