Staff provides support to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Conservation Commission, and Windham Economic Development Committee. We also oversee the building permit and code enforcement process.
We encourage residents to contact us with any questions or concerns that they may have, or for more information on the Town's zoning and other requirements. Here are numerous links to items related to our Department, which we hope will be of assistance to you.
Residents can now file formal complaints to the Code Enforcement Administrator online. The Code Enforcement hyperlink to the left of the page will direct you to the form.
Fence, sign permits and Minor WPOD applications can be found in the Code Enforcement hyperlink to the left of the page.
Recent Decisions / Permits Issued
- This Past Week’s Permits
- Per Windham Ordinance, Section 904. Appeals may be taken by any person aggrieved, or by an officer, department board or bureau of the municipality affected by any decision of the administrative officer.
Department Forms / Applications
Workforce Housing Information
Available to the Public
If you are looking for information regarding land use and land development in New Hampshire and in the Windham community, you may want to visit the Windham Community Development Department. The Department possesses an archive of books, pamphlets, fact sheets, maps and other resources that are available for public viewing upon request. Topics include:
- Aquifers, Watershed Protection, Water Quality, Wetlands, and Shoreland Materials
- Conservation Topics
- Flood Plain Materials
- Historical Zoning Maps of Windham
- Stormwater Information
- Tax, Trail, and Water Resource Maps
- Transportation and Land Use Studies
- Various Land Use Topics
- Notary Public
Types of Developments
Types of Developments located in Windham:
A full list of materials available for viewing is available at the following links:
- Approved Planning Board Plans: Site Plans and Subdivisions
- Maps that can be found in the Building Inspectors Office
- Planning Library
All materials may be viewed at the Department during regular business hours 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You can read the Economic Development Self-Assessment Tool Reports from Northeastern University Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy
Groundwater Resources & You
NH DES Presentations on Water in Windham
- Understanding Water In New Hampshire - Pierce Rigrod, NHDES
- Water Supply Planning in Windham, New Hampshire - Branden Kernan, NHDES